We’re proud of our role in shaping health care in Maryland. In our more than 60 years in business, we’ve represented hospitals and hospital systems, long-term care facilities, home health and hospice agencies, academic medical centers, continuing care retirement communities, multi-specialty physician groups, and other tax-exempt and for-profit health care organizations.
Our lawyers also serve on a number of health care boards, including Mercy Health Services, Healthcare for the Homeless, and Johns Hopkins Medicine.
We can advise you in all aspects of health law, including:
- Corporate matters and governance;
- Corporate structuring, mergers, affiliations and joint ventures;
- Corporate compliance programs, compliance reviews and investigations, education and training, and representation of clients before governmental agencies, including the HHS Office of Inspector General;
- Hospital and physician relationships, including physician practice acquisitions, recruiting and employment, all in the context of the federal anti-kickback statute, Stark law, and state referral laws;
- Health planning and licensure issues, including certificates of need;
- Privacy issues under federal and state laws, including HIPAA;
- Medical staff matters, including medical staff bylaws and hospital/medical staff relations and disputes;
- Medicare, Medicaid, and payor reimbursement regulations and policies;
- Financing of health facilities, including conventional loans, tax-exempt and taxable bond financing, and tax-exempt and taxable lease financing;
- Tax issues specific to non-profit tax-exempt health care entities;
- Human resource issues in the health care industry;
- Real estate matters; and
- Litigation and risk management.
Linda H. JonesOf Counsel
Linda Jones concentrates her practice exclusively in the area of health care law working primarily with hospitals and other health care institutions on a wide range of business and regulatory compliance matters.