Concentrating his practice on corporate, commercial, and real estate transactions, much of Steve Goldberg’s work involves debt and equity financing for companies and projects of all types. He has extensive experience in multifamily transactions and in particular, the development and financing of affordable housing involving the low income housing tax credit and tax-exempt bonds.
Steve has spoken at a variety of educational seminars on affordable housing and has also taught the subject as an adjunct professor at the University of Maryland School of Law. His corporate and commercial work includes structuring entities and organizations to achieve the economic, tax, cultural, and participatory goals of his clients. Steve’s other areas of practice include strategic consulting, real estate related workouts, creditors’ rights, and renewable energy.
Steve is recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2020 as a leading lawyer in real estate law.
Area(s) of Practice
- Corporate and Corporate Finance
- Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy
- Real Estate and Business Transactions
- Renewable Energy
- Maryland State Courts
- District of Columbia Courts
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Fourth Circuit, Sixth Circuit and the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Courts for the District of Maryland and the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD, with honors, 1976, Order of the Coif
- Yale University, BA,, 1973
Bar and Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association