An energetic and passionate advocate, Jared maintains a diverse civil litigation and tax controversy practice. He supports the firm’s business, real estate, healthcare, and non-profit clients with contract and tort disputes, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy matters, and tax and tax assessment issues and appeals. A lifelong learner, Jared builds trust with clients by striving to learn every facet of the operations of their business and exploring new areas of the law to support those clients. He works relentlessly to gain a command of relevant factual and legal issues to obtain strong results.
In addition to helping clients resolve some of their most challenging disputes, Jared devotes significant time to pro bono work. Recently, he won a post-conviction case, which led to the release of a client serving life imprisonment.
Prior to joining the firm, Jared completed the University of Maryland Francis King Carey’s Law School evening program in three years, while also working full-time as an acquisition professional in the defense industry. After law school, Jared completed two judicial clerkships, serving first as a law clerk to the Honorable Sally D. Adkins of the Maryland Court of Appeals and then as a law clerk to the Honorable George L. Russell, III of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Jared is a proud husband and father of two children, who are the apple of his eye. He is an avid DIYer and particularly enjoys landscaping and carpentry.
Civic and Charitable Service
- Board of The Harbour School Foundation (2021-present)
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law Alumni Board (2019-present) – Alumni Engagement Committee Chair
Area(s) of Practice
- Maryland State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2013
- Loyola College of Maryland, MBA, 2010
- University of Richmond, BS, summa cum laude, 2006, 1st in his class
Bar and Professional Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Federal Bar Association
- Member, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law Alumni Board
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland