Ella Aiken practices in Gallagher’s Litigation Group, advising and representing clients in commercial litigation, business disputes, risk management, health care regulatory matters, intellectual property infringement and enforcement actions, and the defense of medical malpractice claims. Ella also practices in Gallagher’s Education and Health Law Groups, advising the firm’s clients on privacy regulations and intellectual property related concerns.
Ella graduated from Columbia University School of Law where she earned her J.D. in 2011 and was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. Also in 2011, she received her LL.M. in International Criminal Law, cum laude, from the University of Amsterdam Law School. Ella earned her undergraduate degree from Columbia University in 2007. Prior to joining Gallagher, Ella practiced civil litigation and intellectual property law in New York City.
Ella engages in pro bono work for the firm by representing immigrant women and children fleeing violence in collaboration with Tahirih Justice Center. She is also active on the board of directors of the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts and the board of directors for Itineris, which supports adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Ella was also selected for the Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch honor in 2020 and 2021.
Articles and Presentations
- Co-Author, “Supreme Court to Decide Important Issue In Class-Action Litigation,” Westlaw Journal Environmental, vol. 34 no. 23, 2014
Civic and Charitable Service
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Board of Directors (2016-2022)
- Itineris, Board of Directors (2018-Present)
Area(s) of Practice
- Maryland State Courts
- New York State Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York
- Columbia Law School, JD, 2011
- University of Amsterdam School of Law, LLM, cum laude, 2011, International Criminal Law
- Columbia University, BA, 2007
Bar and Professional Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association