A member of Gallagher’s real estate and business transactions group, Phil Diamond assists the firm’s clients in renewable energy finance and development and in structured and public finance transactions, as well as in general corporate and contract matters. Phil has also worked closely with Gallagher’s litigation group in health care administrative proceedings and in various workouts and settlements related mainly to corporate and public finance transactions.
Phil has been a pro bono attorney for Maryland’s Foreclosure Prevention Project, providing legal advice to individual clients and in public foreclosure prevention sessions, and has recently advised a neighborhood association on obtaining 501(c)(3) status.
Prior to joining the firm, Phil served as a law clerk for the Honorable John C. Eldridge of the Maryland Court of Appeals.
Area(s) of Practice
- Corporate and Corporate Finance
- Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy
- Public Finance
- Real Estate and Business Transactions
- Renewable Energy
- Maryland State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD, with honors, Order of the Coif, 1999
- Duke University, MA, 1983
- Vassar College, BA, 1979
Bar and Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Section of Business Law
- Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Section of Health Law
- Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Center for Professional Responsibility
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City