Meghan is a member of Gallagher’s Litigation Group. She represents individuals and educational, non-profit, religious, and commercial entities in civil disputes in federal and state courts.
Meghan joined the firm following several years of government service, first as Deputy Legal Counsel in the Maryland Governor’s Office, and then as an Assistant Attorney General in the Civil Litigation Division of the Maryland Attorney General’s Office. She previously worked as an associate at a national law firm, representing clients in complex commercial disputes and government investigations.
After graduating from law school, Meghan served as a law clerk to the Honorable J. Frederick Motz, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland (2008-2009) and the Honorable Norman H. Stahl, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit (2009-2010).
Before attending law school, Meghan served as a Teach for America Corps Member in Houston, Texas, where she worked as an elementary school teacher and was named Teacher of the Year for her school in 2004.
Meghan serves on several boards and volunteers as a mentor with the Collegebound Foundation. She was named one of 2019’s “Leading Women” by The Daily Record.
Civic and Charitable Service
- Baltimore Design School, Board of Trustees (2019 – present)
- The Intersection, Board of Directors (2019 – present)
- Marion Burk Knott Scholarship Fund Committee (2020 – present)
- Institute for Islamic, Christian, and Jewish Studies (ICJS), Board of Trustees (2021 – present)
- Baltimore Courthouse and Law Museum Foundation, Board of Directors (2021 – present)
Area(s) of Practice
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- New York
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, Order of the Coif; Eppa Hunton IV Memorial Book Award, for excellence in litigation and professional responsibility, 2008
- Yale University, BA, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2002
Bar and Professional Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- American Bar Association