As an associate in Gallagher’s Litigation Group, Joe works on a variety of matters involving complex commercial disputes, employment issues, and tort defense. Joe has experience with cases involving religious exercise claims arising under the First Amendment and RLUIPA, and he represents clients in arbitration before a rabbinical tribunal. Joe also maintains a robust pro bono practice in collaboration with the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service.
Joe joined Gallagher after working as a trial attorney with the Federal Programs Branch of the Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Division. Prior to his work at DOJ, Joe served as a law clerk for Hon. James K. Bredar, now Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, and for Hon. David F. Hamilton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Joe graduated summa cum laude from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2015. While in law school, Joe served as Executive Editor of the Indiana Law Journal and was a tournament champion in the schoolwide Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition.
In 2021, Joe joined the boards of The Franciscan Center in Baltimore and the St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center.
Area(s) of Practice
- Maryland State Courts
- Ohio State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Tax Court
- Indiana University School of Law, JD, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2015
- Cedarville University, BA, summa cum laude, 2007
Bar and Professional Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association