David guides businesses across multiple industries through their most challenging conflicts.
In his nearly 20 years of practice as a commercial and bankruptcy litigator, David has argued for clients and earned victories in scores of cases before trial and appellate courts, arbitrators, and administrative agencies. David is a partner to clients, helping them develop strategies in the early stages of a dispute to position the matter for a successful resolution. He is well-versed in navigating complex litigation, taking depositions, cultivating experts for trial, and delivering oral argument. David currently serves as the leader of Gallagher’s Litigation Practice Group.
David is committed to removing barriers to justice by providing free legal help to underrepresented Marylanders. He handles pro bono cases through Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service and serves as the vice president of its Board of Directors.
He has been recognized by Chambers USA since 2019 for his work in Bankruptcy/Restructuring and in Best Lawyers® in America since 2019 as a leading lawyer in bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law as well as commercial litigation.
David served for two years as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Lynne A. Battaglia of the Court of Appeals of Maryland.
Spending quality time with his wife and three children is important to David, and you will often find him cheering for his kids on a soccer or baseball field. He enjoys daily runs with his Vizsla.
Civic and Charitable Service
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Board of Directors (2017-present), Vice President (2022)
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland, Secretary (2022 – 2023), President Elect (2023 – present)
Area(s) of Practice
- Maryland State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Maryland School of Law, JD, with honors, 2002, Order of the Coif, Maryland Law Review
- University of Maryland Baltimore County, BA, 1998
- Salisbury State University, BA, 1994, magna cum laude
Bar and Professional Memberships
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the District of Maryland, Board Member
- Serjeants' Inn Law Club