Martha Hylton is a member of Gallagher’s real estate and business transactions group. Martha’s practice focuses primarily on the representation of developers, owners, and equity investors in all facets of senior housing/assisted living, residential, commercial and mixed-use real estate projects, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing, and financing. Martha also has experience in the formation of business entities, affordable housing, tax increment financing, land condominiums, and formation of condominium associations.
Prior to joining the firm, Martha served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable William M. Nickerson of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and practiced in the Baltimore office of a national law firm representing public and private lenders in the area of acquisition, rehabilitation, and construction lending for low and moderate income housing projects. She is recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2020 as a leading lawyer in real estate law.
Civic and Charitable Service
- Wide Angle Youth Media, Board of Directors (2019 – Present)
- Acts4Youth, Board of Directors (2010 – 2012)
- Central Presbyterian Church, former member, Board of Directors (2012-2015)
Area(s) of Practice
- Indiana University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2000, Order of the Coif
- George Mason University, BA, 1997, with honors
Bar and Professional Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association